Some sweet things:
* Don's trick of keeping a pack of gum in the sleeve of his robes every year at graduation.
* mom checking in and stopping by "just to look at you"
* daddy's blog and notes
* the teddy bear my friend Rebekah P. sent through her mother-in-law when i was in the hospital, so i wouldn't have to leave with my hands empty. i've never, ever been a stuffed animal kind of girl (okay, since being pregnant with Ben i've been known to buy really cute stuffed bunnies or lambs...), but this teddy bear ended up in my bed when i was in so much pain when i first got home from the hospital.
* friends who come to just sit on my couch but whose feelings aren't hurt if i don't always answer the phone :)
* the mail lady-- she has this little daily routine where she puts the mail in our boxes (we're in the country-- there are a couple of boxes beside each other) and then pulls up beside the fence across the road and gives doggy treats to the mongrels who live there. it's so sweet. she even does it in bad weather. that's one trick for making friends with your enemy!
* the new friends we've gained through this process-- there is a whole remnant of mothers and fathers who have lost babies... i had no idea that this society existed, and definitely no idea that i would one day join it. there is such tenderness in these bruised hearts. i'm starting to see a trend in something that might just be incredibly precious to the Lord...
* job, ecclesiastes, and psalms look entirely different to me. there is a whole dimension to the Word that i had no idea about.
the sun is out, too, and the humidity is down. i love the rain, but it's good to have days like this, too.
i miss my child, and that's good, too, today.
His splendor covers the heavens, And the earth is full of His praise. His radiance is like the sunlight
Habakkuk 3: 3-4