Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Overheard...

Administrative Duties...
In a note sent to my husband from another high school teacher in our community today...

Girl: Mr. Smith [not his real name], I just got my administration and I really need to go change my pants...

Fashion Diva meets Brainiac...or not

Three of my students were having an argument about the exam schedule for next week.

Boy: Shut up. You know you ain't done homework for that class in a month. You always cheatin'. You don't know nothin' about no exam schedule.

Girl 1: You a lie.

Girl 2: Girl, I got this. Bobby*, I know you think you're mad smart with those new glasses, but it ain't true. They cute glasses but they ain't magic glasses.

I am going to miss this crop of freshmen. Well, most of them. But this group-- even the bad ones-- has made me laugh so hard this year.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's official. Administration stinks. Really. :)