Friday, September 18, 2009

Welcome Carson

God is so good.

Today was so full of emotion. My newest niece came into the world, peaceful and beautiful like a little rosy baby doll. Her name is Carson and she's perfect. And she's the first brand new baby I have held since... well, for quite a few months. The first maternity ward I have been on since... well, for almost five months. I thought I was going to have a panic attack walking through the halls-- had to stop and collect myself before walking into their room-- but then the most amazing thing happened.

Joy.

All thoughts of myself, all that bruised stuff, sort of lost all its air and all I could see was my beautiful sister-in-law and my mother-in-law and Carson, all red and little and gentle. It was like water over my parched heart. Precious beyond belief.

And here she is! :)

4 comments:

wendymhall said...

What a little sweetie! She looks like the perfect gift all wrapped with a bow.

blessedjourney said...

Beautifully said Sam!

Frontera Girl said...

such a gift of joy for you! Healing is miraculous and it does happen! you are beautiful, and so is your niece.

Debbie said...

she looks like a little baby doll :)