Thursday, August 27, 2009

Overheard

In the hallway outside my classroom day before yesterday, right after school, these two girls were talking excitedly about going to some kind of try-out or something (I think it was practice before cheerleading tryouts). They knew each other in middle school but are only just now getting to know each other...

girl 1: oh my GOSH, i love your shoes

girl 2: thanks. i got 'em yesterday

girl 1: did you see [a boy] talking to [a girl] today? he's talking to someone at salem and she's my cousin or something. i'm gonna tell her.

girl 2: shoot girl. she's gonna be so mad.

girl 1: yeah... [stuff falls on the floor from a locker] oh my gosh, did you know i totally thought you were retarded last year? i mean, like really retarded, like special class retarded.

[silence]

A bunch of girls came running down the hallway just then, so i didn't hear what happened next...

4 comments:

BCF said...

Sam, in addition to english, you really need to teach these freshman some tact!

Samantha said...

true dat, mr. f

Andrea said...

like i told you..driving the Miata (rain or shine)and reading your blog are my favorite things!!! you make me laugh or cry and laugh and cry..IT IS ALL GOOOD..dear Dori!!

Samantha said...

you figured out how to leave comments! :) good job mom!love you!