Saturday, January 3, 2009

Foggy Weather

I love the weather we are having in Georgia. It is dismal, dreary, rainy, chilly...lovely.

I have no idea what it is about this weather that I adore. My friend Robbie and I simply hang our favorite word above the mantle: cozy. To me, this weather is straight up cozy. Tonight, I pulled out a heavy quilt and read a book with my head in my husband's lap while he watched the Falcons being pummeled and it was just so cozy. I could feel my little baby boy moving around, I was warm, and I wasn't worried that Don was in the woods being chased by bears (he took Joshua and some other senior boys from the youth group camping over the last few days).

It's so good to not worry.

Of course, I worried that I didn't talk to mom long enough on the phone when she called earlier. And I worried that I hurt a friend's feelings when I didn't ask her to come to lunch with two other friends. And I worried about the fact that I really wanted to go to another friend's house tonight but my feet were swollen and I needed to lie down and I didn't want her to think I was blowing her off.

I read the other day that the baby is affected by the hormones that are coursing through my body, and this makes good sense. If I am anxious, those hormones pass through the placenta and affect him, too. If I am afraid, depressed, happy, excited, etc., he is affected.

No pressure.

But then it occurred to me that the Lord has this little one in His hands (again-- God is so faithful-- He lets me think that things are "occurring" to me when I am actually remembering them). I need to do my best to fix my mind on those things which are good, holy, lovely, etc.

So I should report that I have chosen NOT to look up information on Poly-cystic Ovarian Syndrome and pregnancy :). I happened to see something online about all of these women who are trying so hard to get pregnant while having PCOS and we didn't try at all...so here he is, a miraculous gift. But I knew that if I started searching...there is so much fear out there among others-- I don't need to partake. HOWEVER, I'll be reading like crazy once he is born and we're out of the woods.

And with that, I am going to go join my husband, newly out of the woods, and go to bed.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

No comments: