Monday, July 28, 2008

Sleepy

...but I just wanted to write to say hello. I haven't dropped off the face of the earth-- it's just school time! :) Tomorrow night is open house and we are frantically getting things done-- my team is in pretty good shape because we banged out some of our work a couple of weeks ago. As always, there are minor glitches that are beyond our reach, but no big deal. It will all work out.

Anyway, I'm so excited about the kids. Can't wait to see them and to see what the year will hold. I struggled last year with the thought that I would never be able to love a group of kids more than [insert previous year here], but as always, hearts unfold and children wiggle their way in. I just keep seeing the faces of my then-strangers on the eve of open house, and how they became so dear to me only a few months later. It will all happen again tomorrow night. Wonder who my Horatio will be-- he was my student who made sure that he was the FIRST to shake my hand last year :). Wonder who could possibly step up to take his place...

To bed!

2 comments:

Tom said...

hey kiddo,

you'll do great! now you are a veteran .....
dad

Samantha said...

:) thank you daddy!!