Friday, May 9, 2008

Excuses, excuses...

Okay, so I have to post an edited version of a wall post I saw between two professors. Now, it should be noted that I honestly respect these two professors, but it's just hilarious how grown-ups feel the need to defend their love of Facebook or Myspace. I can completely relate: when my little buttheaded students howl with laughter when they find out I have a Facebook account and I just stare at them-- there is NO value in reminding them that you had a Facebook account when they were in 4th grade and that THEY are exchanging wall messages (read: ridiculous drama) with people they see in class every day, while I have reconnected with loads of friends who live all over the world and whom I haven't seen in YEARS. But even then, see? I have to note that I was a world traveler, you know, and THAT's why I use Facebook.... Herewith, a professor who is "studying" Facebook...

Professor [#1], it's COOl that we are facebook friends.I'm very interested in facebook in terms of a language and communication interface. Remind me whenever (?) we have lunch or tea about Enlightenment France/cafe society/facebook 21st century associations. ciao! Professor [#2]

I just love that-- and Prof. 2 probably has some brilliant insights into it, too. Hm.

No comments: