Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I really don't know clouds at all...

So, I was talking with the Lord this evening about something I am struggling to get through. It's one of those struggles that is familiar to the Lord and I, and it's often the same conversation: But Lord, this is a mountain. How will I ever climb it? I can't see how in the world you can ever help me. I mean, I get better and make strides and then blammo, I slide back again...and usually am worse than I was when I started. I just don't see how this will ever work... and blah blah blah.

But tonight, I felt like the Lord spoke this to my heart:

I see it from the other side.

The other side?

I felt like He reminded me of how, whenever we walk through something tough-- an exam, a relationship problem, an irrational fear, childbirth, etc.-- and we come through it fairly unscathed, when we look back on it it doesn't seem so bad. Because we know the whole story from the other side. We know that the things we were afraid of happening just...didn't happen. Or they did and it was alright after all. He was there with His righteous right hand to support and guide us. That whole "hindsight is 20/20" line.

He sees our problems from all sides. He knows the end of the story. Now, if we'll only trust Him.

Sometimes, that part-- the part that would make the whole thing cake-- is the hardest part of all. So we cry out for more faith, right?

I'm so glad He knows how it all works out. He's trustworthy.

No comments: