Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home again...

So it looks like we'll be calling this beautiful place home for a bit longer! The nuts and bolts of the deal fell through in the final days before closing and we have total peace about it. We were praying that the Lord's will would be done, and that included the finer points on some stuff that needed to be fixed after the home inspection happened-- and we can always, always trust the Lord! I'm a little disappointed-- the yard at that house was incredible; the past owners were amazing gardeners. The floors were original hardwood and absolutely beautiful. The windows were large and let tons of sunlight in.


But even though it was really cute, it wasn't the "house of our dreams" and we knew that from the start-- it was just a beginning. I'm grateful for what we learned-- neither of us has ever bought a house and it was really interesting to learn about the process-- and also grateful for more time to save more money for a downpayment. I'd LOVE to do like Dave Ramsey advises: pay for the whole thing up front. I don't see that happening any time soon, but would be great to save up for 20% of something. One thing I've learned this year is that I'm a great saver. Working for a non-profit for so long (where we raised our own personal support), I never thought about saving. Didn't save a dime during my 20's. Spent the first part of my 30's in college and graduate school. Am finally able to save and I find that I really like to do it. I know-- I sound weird.

Anyway, off to candlelight for Pathway East Emmaus Walk number... I can't remember... but one of my sweet friends is on her walk this weekend and I can't wait to see her shining face!

Thanks for praying for us and for the notes of encouragement-- this is what was meant to happen and we're both completely sure of that. Thank Jesus for taking such good care of us all!!!

No comments: