Sunday, July 29, 2007

Laundry, dishes, first period...

School is pretty much the only thing I've thought about for three weeks. Don't feel sorry for me-- feel sorry for Don. The house is a wreck. He's in grad school and was teaching summer school all summer, trying his hand at gardening (pictures coming soon-- my camera went to a gathering of other digital camerae and it lost its USB thingy... it's on restriction, and its designated driver-- Don-- is going to try to track it down) and keeping the freshly-growing-from-all-the-rain-drenching-draught-days from taking over the house. The inside is really my responsibility. It's shared, of course, but there comes this time when it's ridiculous and everyone forgets who's job is what...

Anyway, tomorrow is the first day of school and suddenly I am longing for a clean house. I'm fortunate-- our house is tiny--- so there isn't much to clean, and cleaning while working out my final seating charts (temporary monster) is keeping my mind off the fact that I am completely nauseated. The laundry is going, the dishes are going: the house is fairly vibrating. I am working out which of my lists is first, third or fifth period and reminding myself to drink water. Water is very important when you are freaked out.

So it begins tomorrow, and I think all is ready. Or as ready as I can be. I know I'm good on the fly, but I do actually feel prepared-- for this week. I think that my classes will be fun and challenging, and the fact that this is my opportunity to put what I've learned to the test is both inspiring and daunting. Either way, tomorrow I step into the world of grown-ups, surrounded by good friends and children who need to be reminded that they are wonderfully and fearfully made. It's a very profound, very serious season.

So why can't I get the Looney Tunes theme song out of my head? On with the show, this is it...

No comments: